Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Of New Arrivals and Happiness

"You can't buy happiness but you can buy tea and that's kind of the same thing."


Yesterday almost felt like Christmas.  It always feels like that when the new tea order arrives.  It's really very difficult to comprehend but there are few things and far in between that could arrive by mail that will make me as happy as when I find a tea in my mailbox.

Why is it?  What does tea represent that make me feel this way?  

Is it comfort, that homey feeling when you sit with a hot cup of tea in front of the roaring fire on a cold winter morning?  

Or maybe it's when you're curled up on the couch in your pyjamas with a good book and a biscuit on a dark wintery afternoon while the snow storm rages outside.


Whatever it is when the tea order arrives it evokes all those feelings and more.

That's exactly how I felt yesterday when my David's Tea order arrived.  Inside was Coconut Oolong (goodness gracious I thought I will never see it again), black tea blend Brazillionaire and and green tea Dragonwell.  In addition there were three free samples that David's Tea always includes with every order.  This time I got herbal Midsummer Night's Dream, herbal Forever Nuts and Rooibos de Provence.

Over the next few days I'll be busy trying out these new teas.  My taste buds can't wait!

Cheers


2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love teas also. My recent favorite is a jasmine that I bought in bulk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently I've discovered David's and have caught the multiple teas in the house fever. Now I can add to ones that you've mentioned to my list.

    Your tea reviews are much appreciated. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete