Sunday, December 28, 2014

Sunday Reflections over Jasmine Tea

Isn't it amazing, how much we work, prepare, shop and await the holidays and then they come and go in a blink of an eye?  I've had such a wonderful time with my family that I feel a little sad that Yule and the Christmas have already passed.  Most of my children have left and by the time the New Year hits in couple of days, my son who is still here with us, will be leaving as well.

These are the times when I remind myself to stay in the moment.  To enjoy the present and not think of the past or the future.  We don't do enough of that.  We let our thoughts wonder and torture us and we forget about the present moment which in itself most of the time is nearly perfect.

As I'm sitting here with my kids, writing this blog post while they are watching the Avatar show, I sip on the  Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls tea I got a while ago.  It is by Nourish Tea and I got it at our health food store.  I completely forgot about it and it was just sitting at the back of my tea cupboard getting older by the minute.  I have about 2 or 3 servings left.  I wasn't sure if it didn't get a little to stale to drink but I steeped a cup and the tea is just lovely.

This tea is very temperamental and it's easy for it to go bitter but today it is perfect.  I used two teaspoons of dry leaves and steeped it at 82°C for one minute.  The dry leaves are rolled into beautiful balls and half the fun is brewing this tea and watching the pearls unfold.



The ready tea is fragrant with jasmine flowers and smooth as well as delicate in flavour.  I've heard that the fragrance is too much for some people but for me it always was and still is just right.  This reminds me that I definitely have to try other jasmine teas on the market as this is the only one I've ever tried.



No comments:

Post a Comment