Saturday, January 3, 2015

Of Zombies and Chrysanthemum Pue'r

Happy New Year everyone!

This is the first post in 2015.  I'm quietly enjoying Chrysanthemum Pue'r while watching the World War Z.  I'm not sure which one I'm enjoying more, the movie or the tea, but since this is the tea blog I suppose I'll talk about the tea.  Secretly I'm itching to talk about zombies too though. :P

I got Chrysanthemum Pue'r from Verdant Tea few months ago.  It was a complete shot in the dark, as I never tried it before.  I am a pu'er lover and I was intrigued by the fact that this blend included chrysanthemum flowers.  For some unknown reason, I'm drawn to flowers in the tea and since I've never had tea with chrysanthemum flowers before this one was a must try.

The dry tea presents itself beautifully.  It's got gorgeous white chrysanthemum flowers, large juniper berries, coriander and spices.



I steeped two full teaspoons in boiling water for 1 minute and I should be able to get another two solid steeps out of that later.  The result was red dark brown liquid with flowery and spicy aroma. The tea is smooth, very fragrant and crisp, with with sweet and earthy tones. It's got phenomenal depth.  It's a perfect companion on a cold, wintery night with fireplace buzzing and zombies running amok. I like it today just as much as when I bought it for the first time.


I checked the Verdant Tea website and currently this tea is out of stock.  I have only a little bit left so I hope they'll be restocking this little wonder soon.  If you want to try it out, I highly recommend it.

Ingredients: Master Han’s 2004 Loose Leaf Shu Pu’er, Burdock, Juniper Berries, Coriander, Holy Basil, Chrysanthemum




No comments:

Post a Comment